Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
BOSTON - Garrett Richards lay on the ground for several minutes, his left knee damage
Verfasser Nachricht
jinshuiqian0713 Offline
Elfe

Bewertung 0
Beitrag: #1
BOSTON - Garrett Richards lay on the ground for several minutes, his left knee damage
BOSTON - Garrett Richards lay on the ground for several minutes, his left knee damaged and his season seemingly over. Sean Kuraly Jersey . The right-handers injury while running to cover first base is a big loss that overshadowed the Los Angeles Angels seventh win in eight games. "Winning the game, obviously, its always important, but its secondary to what happened," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said after an 8-3 win over the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday night. "This is a tough night for us. Well just see where Garrett is. Obviously, its a significant injury." Richards, 13-4 with a 2.61 ERA, left after 1 2-3 innings with a patellar injury. He will be re-evaluated in Los Angeles on Thursday. "I had a chance to talk to him," Angels pitcher Jered Weaver said. "He just wanted to know what the story was. He wasnt feeling too much pain when he was on the table. When the doctor came in and told him that he might have done something to his patellar tendon and there might be surgery involved, he kind of lost it." The injury cast a cloud over a strong game by Josh Hamilton, who broke out of a 5-for-41 slump with two hits and three RBIs. Before Tuesdays game, he took extra batting practice. "Clearing my head and just remembering what it was like as a little kid, in high school, to go out and take BP and have fun," Hamilton said. "It sure helped." Richards left trailing 2-0. Boston made it 3-0 on David Ortizs homer in the third off Cory Rasmus (3-1). That gave Ortiz his eighth 30-homer season with Boston, tying Ted Williams club record. Ortiz went 4 for 4 and is 8 for 10 in the series with four walks. Alex Hassan pinch hit for him in the ninth and grounded out. "He was starting to get a little sore. Hes obviously been on base this entire series, and he started to get some tightness," Boston manager John Farrell said. The Angels scored a run in the fourth on a double by Hamilton and an RBI single by Kendrick, and added five in the fifth. Clay Buchholz (5-8) took a 3-1 lead into the fifth but let the first six batters reach base. That sent Boston toward its fourth straight loss and the Angels to a 1 1-2-game lead in the AL West over the Oakland Athletics.. "Just missed location with a couple of pitches and they were able to put a big inning together," Buchholz said. The Angels loaded the bases on a single by Erick Aybar, a walk to Chris Iannetta and a single by Efren Navarro. A walk to Kole Calhoun drove in a run, and Los Angeles tied it when Mike Trouts popup to short right field dropped in. Calhoun was forced out at second after holding up to see if the ball would be caught. The next three batters drove in runs: a single by Albert Pujols, a sacrifice fly by Hamilton, and a single by Kendrick. Richards left the field on a stretcher after being hurt on a potential double-play grounder. Brock Holt grounded to first baseman Pujols, who threw to shortstop Aybar for the out at second. Richards fell while running to first for a return throw, but Aybar spun and threw instead to third where Xander Bogaerts, who had run past the base, dove back safely. "Garretts taking this hard," Scioscia said. "This is a huge blow for him." TRAINERS ROOM Angels: Hamilton played centre field as Trout was switched to designated hitter. Scioscia said nothing was physically bothering Trout, but he wanted to give him some rest. Red Sox: C David Ross started following a stint on the disabled list with right plantar fasciitis. 3B Will Middlebrooks didnt play after straining his right hamstring while running out an infield single in the Angels 4-3 win Tuesday night. UP NEXT Angels: RHP Matt Shoemaker (11-4, 3.84 ERA) pitches Thursday night as the Angels go for a four-game sweep. Shoemaker last faced the Red Sox on Aug. 9 when he shut them out for the last three innings of the Angels 5-4 win in 19 innings. Red Sox: RHP Rubby De La Rosa (4-4, 3.79) goes for the Red Sox. On Aug. 10, he allowed one run in seven innings in a 3-1 win over the Angels. WASTED CHANCES The Red Sox left 10 runners on and were 1 for 12 with runners in scoring position. In the first three games of the series, theyve stranded 41 runners and are 2 for 39 with runners in scoring position. WHAT A RELIEF Six Angels relievers allowed one run and six hits in 7 1-3 innings with five strikeouts and two walks. One night after getting his 34th save, Huston Street pitched a perfect ninth. Riley Nash Jersey . He reps the 4-1-6The insecurity of Canadian basketball fans is not what it once was with the home grown talent making its way to the big leagues, but it is still nice to see the local kids remembering where they come from once they make their way south. Boston Bruins Gear . This is an exercise I have undertaken a few times, starting in 2009, and hope that Ive refined my approach a little bit in that time to help paint a better picture. http://www.bruinshockeypro.com/authentic...ns-jersey/ .com) - Hassan Whiteside scored 20 points with nine rebounds in the Miami Heats 83-75 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. BORMIO, Italy -- Aiming for back-to-back victories, Canadas Erik Guay simply wants to maintain his form for Sundays World Cup downhill on the physically demanding Stelvio course. The Bode Miller-led U.S. speed team, by contrast, is still looking for its first podium finish of the season -- with the Sochi Olympics only 41 days away. And if the final training session in Bormio was any indication, things havent changed much since last weekend, when Guay won the Val Gardena downhill and Miller finished fifth. Guay, from Mont-Tremblant, Que., also led training Saturday and Miller was fifth again. "I feel like my racing is in a really good spot -- better than its ever been," Guay said. "And I know the reason as well, so thats pretty exciting." Guay won the Val Gardena downhill last weekend but has never finished better than fourth in Bormio. "Some years I come here and Im intimidated by the course and I dont feel quite up to it," he said. "This year Im excited about it and Im looking forward to the challenge tomorrow." While Guay would not reveal the "reason" for his speed, he did attribute some of his success to his personal coach, his younger brother Stefan Guay, a former World Cup racer. "To start working well with a coach typically takes two years, sometimes three," Guay said. "Stef now in his second season, I find hes getting confident and better every time. So that instills a lot of confidence in myself." The Stelvio is known for its knee-jarring bumps and shadows, making it a serious physical test. And this year, theres an added wrinkle with recent snowfall providing changing conditions all the way down. "Up top its quite soft and then toward the middle it gets a little bit firmer and more choppy and then toward the bottom its standard Bormio -- rock hard, fast, rattly," Guay said. "So its got a little bit of everything and it takes a fine touch to adjust on the way down. But its a fun course." Miller is still working on his downhill form after a year off to recover from left knee microfracture surgery, but hes comforted by top 10 results in both super-G and downhill last weekend, plus past success in Bormio. Charlie McAvoy Jersey. He swept the gold medals in super-G and downhill at the 2005 world championships here and also won the World Cup downhill in 2007. "It hasnt been the season that I had hoped but Ive been making progress all year," Miller said. "I look forward to hills that are a little bit tougher and a little more challenging and this one definitely is that." While Miller finished second to Ted Ligety in a giant slalom in Beaver Creek, Colorado, this month, no U.S. man has reached the podium in a speed race this season. "Its definitely been a bit of a slow start but weve definitely been building -- slowly," said Marco Sullivan, the veteran skier from Squaw Valley, California. "We have four or five guys who are consistently in the points, its just a matter of moving into that top 10." Its been a sharp change from this point last season, when Sullivan had finished third in the season-opening downhill in Lake Louise, Alberta; Steven Nyman had won the Val Gardena downhill; and Ligety had placed fourth in two super-Gs. Could it be that the Americans are pacing themselves to peak in Sochi? "I dont think thats it," Sullivan said. "I dont really know what to attribute it to but no one is going slow on purpose. Were all trying to go fast each week." One of the problems has been the race conditions. "The first couple of races were cold and icy and we hadnt trained on that," U.S. mens head coach Sasha Rearick said. "Now weve had the chance to do that." Errors have also played a role, with both Ligety and Nyman failing to finish races in Val Gardena. But there are signs of a turnaround, with Miller, Sullivan and Travis Ganong -- another Squaw Valley native -- combining to set the fastest time in every section in Fridays opening training session, when Miller was second. "Its kind of a cool stat," Nyman said. "But its just putting it all together and I think thats kind of the big thing right now." Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
16.08.2018 03:19
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | Fairy Dream TCG | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation